Chili Roasted Sweet Potato + Black Bean Quinoa Salad
Serves: 4 servings
for the salad:
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (made from 1 cup dry)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt + pepper
- Lettuce/greens to serve
- 1 batch Cilantro-Avocado Dressing
for the dressing:
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup cilantro
- ½ – ¾ cup water
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Peel and chop the sweet potato in small, bite-sized pieces. Melt the coconut oil and drizzle it over the sweet potatoes. Toss to coat. Add in chili powder and sprinkle with salt and pepper, tossing to combine.
- Roast sweet potatoes for 20 – 25 minutes until tender, stirring half way through so as not to burn them.
- While sweet potatoes are cooking, rinse and drain the black beans. Add them to a large bowl along with quinoa. Set aside.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a blender (starting with less water and adding more as needed). Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Add enough water to make it drizzable.
- Once sweet potatoes are done roasting, let them cool for 5 minutes. Add to the bowl with black beans and quinoa. Squeeze lime juice over the top and stir to combine.
- Arrange lettuce in 4 bowls Top with sweet potato-black bean mixture and drizzle with dressing. Enjoy as is or toss everything together in the bowls (I did this and it was yum!).