OIL FREE RED CABBAGE COLESLAW
Red Cabbage Slaw made with lots of veggies and no oil! Raw and crunchy, this salad is awesome to bring to your next BBQ!
Recipe type: Salads
- Most of a head of red cabbage, shredded or chopped finely (8 cups)
- 2½ cups of shredded or julienne carrots
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (we use Bragg’s raw)
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup, agave, or honey
- 1 cup of scallions
- 1 cup parsley
- 3 tbsp freshly chopped dill (or more to taste)
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, reserving sunflower seeds until ready to serve to provide maximum crunch. Add them in right before serving.
- Chill for a few hours before serving, to let flavors marinate. Can be made the day before and leftovers will last throughout the week.
- Makes a great topper for traditional salads, or as a topping for a veggie burger, like my Sweet Potato Veggie Burger or the Real Deal Veggie Burger!
Potassium 310 mg, Vitamin C 85%, 57% Vitamin A, 11% iron, 6% calcium per serving, based on 10 servings
Serving size: 1/10 Calories: 123 Fat: 7.4 g Saturated fat: .6 g Carbohydrates: 12.7 g Sugar: 5.5 g Fiber: 3.4 g Protein: 4.4 g Cholesterol: 0 mg