Shocking Statistics about the Liver
- 80% of all cases of liver toxicity are caused by pharmacological drug reactions.
- More than 900 prescription drugs are known to cause injury to the liver.
- Liver stones and gallstones are present in up to 20% of the population.
- 6,000 – 10,000 liver transplants are performed yearly in the United States.
- Upwards of 29 million Americans have nonalcoholic fatty liver disease
- About 29,000 people in the U.S. die each year from liver cirrhosis.
- A poor diet is a major contributor to most liver problems and toxic buildup.
- 90% to 100% of heavy alcohol drinkers develop fatty liver disease.
- Drinking tap water can lead to the storage of arsenic in the liver.
- Find out how healthy your liver is by taking our free 2 minute liver test.
This is only a short list. Some naturopaths recommend everyone do at least 3 liver cleanse programs every year just to keep up with the high level of toxins we are all exposed to on a daily basis!